College Scholarship Application Process:
Application Period: January 1st – March 1st
Click here for the college scholarship application.
In addition to the application form an applicant will be required to submit:
a. An essay of 500 words or less explaining how her Girls on the Run experience influenced the choices she made in high school. Examples include:
- Volunteering for a cause that matters to her
- Pursuing her dream job
- Focusing on her physical health
- Living with inner confidence
b. High School Transcript
- Be an alumna of the Girls on the Run of Central Illinois Program (family members of Girls on the Run of Central Illinois staff and board members are not eligible)
- Attend an accredited college or university or vocational/technical school in the coming fall as a full-time student
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a non-weighted 4.0 scale
- Annually, one award will be granted
- Amount shall be determined by the Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln in accordance with it’s Spending Policy for Endowed Funds
- Scholarship is not renewable
- Selection Committee will consist of members on the board of directors of Girls on the Run of Central Illinois and Deborah Shultz or a member of her family.
- Demonstrate the Girls on the Run’s vision of embracing joy, health and confidence in life. Click here for more information on The Girls on the Run of Central Illinois core values.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and compassion through activities
- The scholarship will not be solely based on financial need